If you are reading this article, you have probably considered unlock xiaomi bootloader, also know as bootloader. A simple process, which among its advantages will allow us to install the Xiaomi EU ROM.
Remember that This process does not imply losing the warranty of our Xiaomi, since if we need it, we can “go back” and lock the bootloader again. Come on, if you got unlock xiaomi bootloader, blocking it again will be much easier.
What is the Bootloader and what are the advantages of unlocking it on your Xiaomi
In a simple way, the boot loader or Boot Manager is the program in charge of manage and control our device once we turn it on. After various checks, certifying that everything is correct, it gives way to the operating system.
After unlocking the bootloader we can install the TWRP recovery.
Similarly, you are probably wondering why Xiaomi sells its devices with the Bootloader locked if it then provides us with an unlocking method. The answer is very simple, your goal is to ensure the safety of your customers.
As many of you know, a large part of their terminals are bought from other unofficial sellers and these, they could flash the terminal or add malicious software to immediately have the unlocked terminal.
Between the main advantages that we have if we unlock the bootloader of our Xiaomi terminal we find the possibility of having root access, install TWRP, flash our terminal with a multilanguage MIUI ROM, the ROM Xiaomi US or any other Custom ROM.
First preparations to unlock Xiaomi bootloader
Before you start, don’t forget to make a backup of all your data since these will be lost once we unlock the bootloader. In addition, you must have a my account properly linked and we can’t do it without PC. For it:
- Create a My account: This step is absolutely necessary, for this, if you do not have a previously registered account, you must access the application of Settings > My account and fill in the fields requested by the assistant. Similarly, you can also access from this link and create a Mi account using your email or phone number.
- In addition, we must also link our Mi account to the device in the following way:
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > My Unlock Status > Add account and device.
How to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi
To unlock xiaomi bootloader we must perform the following steps:
- Download Mi Unlock app: This application provided by Xiaomi allows us to unlock the bootloader of our Xiaomi, Redmi or POCOPHONE.
- Unzip the downloaded file and then open the executable “miflash_unlock” and log in with our Mi account.
- Connect the smartphone in mode fastboot: we will turn off the mobile and turn it on by holding the volume down button and the power button at the same time.
- Once the Mi Unlock application detects our smartphone, we will only have to Press the button “Unlock“ and wait for the process to finish.
Once successfully completed it will show us “Unlocked successfully” and we will only have to press the “Reboot phone” button to restart our Xiaomi terminal with the unlocked bootloader.
It should be noted that currently, as a general rule, cannot unlock Xiaomi Bootloader without waiting for a certain time standby, be it 72, 100, 360 hours or even more in some cases. After this period of time we will have our terminal completely unlocked.
In addition, this tutorial allows us to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO, including the Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro or even Android One like the Xiaomi Mi A1, Xiaomi Mi A2 Y My A3.