Factory defects are much more common than it seems. Whether they are software or hardware failures, no company escapes having them. Faced with this, companies such as Xiaomi offer the buyer a guarantee that allows him repair the device or replace it with another.
Both in Spain and in other countries, official Xiaomi products are accompanied by a two-year warranty. The first year is provided by Xiaomi itself, while the second year is provided by the store where the smartphone or device was purchased.
If you have recently purchased an official Xiaomi product, and it has begun to present factory defects, it is time to assert your warranty. Next, We teach you how to process the guarantee of your Xiaomi, be it a smartphone or any other device.
How to process the guarantee of your Xiaomi?
Before proceeding to process the guarantee of your Xiaomi, also known as processing a RMA (Acronym in English for Return Merchandise Authorization), it is necessary to take into account some important points. For example:
- Only the products purchased on Mi.com and the Mi Store are those that have an “Official Guarantee”. If you have purchased your smartphone or gadget in another store such as Amazon, You must first contact them to process the guarantee.
- Xiaomi Spain does not have its own technical support. For this reason, it is necessary to resort to a company specialized in the repair of mobile devices, and that also works with the Xiaomi brand. An example can be the company ANOVO, in charge of it in Spain.
The first step is to contact the store where you bought the Xiaomi mobile and explain in detail what are the problems that the device presents. Subsequently, you must contact Xiaomi Spain, once again explain your situation and immediately begin the RMA or warranty process.
1. Contact Xiaomi
There are three ways you can contact Xiaomi Spain. These are:
- Through a phone call to the customer service number: 900 128 128.
- By email to the following address: [email protected]
- Via Live Chat www.mi.com/en/
In whichever case you choose, you will need to provide the IMEI number of the Xiaomi device so you can check that it is a mobile registered in Spain. You can find the IMEI at:
- In the box of the Xiaomi device. It is represented as IMEI 1 and is accompanied by a series of numbers and code bars.
- On the sticker located on the back of the device. Generally, people remove this sticker from the mobile when they start to use it.
- Coming into Settings > About phone > All specifications > Status. Once inside you will find the IMEI in “IMEI (SIM slot 1)“.
After giving the IMEI number to the Xiaomi operator, you must also provide the following information:
- Full name and surnames.
- Residence address.
- Telephone contact.
- Email address.
- A detailed explanation of the problem for its subsequent solution.
2. Hand over your smartphone or Xiaomi device
Xiaomi will tell you below that you will receive an email within 24 to 48 hours with the necessary details to continue with the process of the guarantee.
Likewise, it is indicated that the mobile must be sent to the post office within 30 days. Of course, the cost of shipping is at the hands of Xiaomi Spain and the repair company.
Before sending the defective mobile by mail, it is essential that you carry out the following steps:
- Add a detailed problem report to your submission. Describe carefully what the defect is so that its repair is easier and faster.
- Make sure to delete all your personal information, as well as unlinking your Mi Cloud account from the device.
For unlink my account, you must enter the official portal and log in. Subsequently, go to the ‘Devices’ tab and proceed to unlink the mobile from the account.
Next, take care of make a backup to safeguard the personal information on your device and store it on a computer or other mobile device. When you have done it, proceed to format the equipment to its factory state.
To do this, all you have to do is log in again. Settings > Additional settings > Factory reset. From this point you just have to follow the steps indicated on the screen.
Turn on the device and make sure all your information has been removed, and that the Mi Cloud account has been successfully unlinked. Now it is time to take the smartphone to the post office and then the mobile will be sent to the specialized repair company.
In a matter of days you will receiven SMS or email indicating the status of the device, and when you can have it back in your hands.