MIUI usually has quite aggressive management of RAM usage. In order to have enough memory for other apps in use or simply improve battery consumption, Xiaomi’s customization layer disable or close background apps.
Although in itself, this management can have great advantages, the truth is that it tends to be quite counterproductive in certain cases. For example, if we use Mi Fit to connect our Xiaomi Mi Band 5 or any other app to synchronize our smartwatch and we don’t we always keep active in the background, this will stop linking correctly with our wearable.
It is because of that lock and keep apps in the background on our Xiaomi It is essential for the expected performance. Next we will show you how to block and always keep an application active in MIUI.
Prevent applications from closing in the background of your Xiaomi
We already have a Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO, to prevent background apps from closing, The steps to follow are those:
- Access multitasking, either through the navigation button or through gestures (swipe from the bottom to the top).
- Hold down the application that we want to block so that it always stays in the background.
- Click on the padlock icon.
In this way, we will get keep apps in the background. In addition, so that these never close, it is convenient to make the following settings:
- Go to Settings> Battery and performance
- Once inside we will click on the upper gear icon and go to “Battery saver in apps“.
- After that we will look for the application that we do not want to close, click on it and select “Without restrictions“.
With this we will be getting the battery saver nor restrict the use of the application and therefore never close.