If your Xiaomi has been lost or stolen, it is very likely that you are wondering how you can block it remotely. The truth is that doing it is very simple and for this, you only need to make use of the Xiaomi cloud, that is, My Cloud.
In addition to being able to locate our Xiaomi or even make it sound remotely, My Cloud allows us to activate the lost mode on our smartphone, either a Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO, in order to block your access and therefore prevent anyone from seeing our data stored in it.
If we activate the lost mode this will chain certain actions on our smartphone:
- The device will be blocked when connecting to the network. In order to access, you will have to enter the username and password of the associated My account.
- MIUI will try to regularly update the information regarding the location. If your device is turned off, an SMS message will be sent to try to locate it.
- The cards associated as payment methods will be automatically eliminated.
How to lock your Xiaomi by activating lost mode
If unfortunately your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO have been lost or stolen, we recommend you activate lost mode as soon as possible. To do this, it will be enough to carry out the following steps:
- Go to i.mi.com and log in with your Mi account.
- Once inside, you just have to access the section “Find device” And then locate the smartphone that you have lost or stolen in the list.
- After that, all you have to do is press and activate the “Lost mode“
In addition, before activating the lost mode, Xiaomi allows us to customize the message to be displayed on the device screen, as well as a contact telephone number. Thus, if someone finds it, they can contact you and return it to you.
In this way, anyone who tries to access the data of our lost mobile device will not be able to unless you have the authentication data of our MI account. Of course, this change will only be activated if the device continues to have Internet access.