One of the questions that Xiaomi fans ask us the most is the process to install the MIUI 10 Global beta at one of its brand terminals. A process that although a priori it’s not complicated, if it requires certain guidelines in order to be carried out satisfactorily.
To carry out this small process it will not be necessary to have the unlocked bootloader or bootloader, so you can easily install the beta version of MIUI 10 if you come from a GLOBAL and Stable version. In the case of coming from a MIUI EEA version the process is a little more complicated, but anyway, then we will leave you all the steps to enjoy the beta version of MIUI come from the version come from MIUI 10.
Advantages of installing the MIUI 10 GLOBAL beta
The main advantage that the fact of installing the MIUI 10 Global Beta, is he to be able to enjoy every week all those news and improvements that the MIUI development team is integrating into the Xiaomi customization layer. And it is necessary to take into account that the stable version has a much longer update period, so many times even months go by until we see the latest MIUI news on our mobile terminal.
Still, keep in mind that Each new beta version of MIUI 10 may contain errors and bugs that can negatively affect our user experience.. So you always have to keep in mind that you install a beta version and therefore it will not have all the fluidity and stability of a final version of MIUI.
Without further ado, we will comment on each of the steps in detail that you will have to follow in order to Enjoy all the news that is being published in the GLOBAL beta of MIUI 10. It should be noted that this tutorial has been made by @Viictorpg98 one of our group members Telegram regarding the Xiaomi Mi 9 and to whom we greatly appreciate his special dedication in helping the rest of the members with his advice and tutorials.
Install MIUI 10 GLOBAL Beta if we come from MIUI 10 GLOBAL Stable
If you currently have the version of MIUI 10 Global and Stable On your mobile device, the process to install the latest MIUI 10 beta is very simple:
1. First we will have to download the MIUI 10 Beta specific ROM for our Xiaomi mobile devicei. For this, we only have to access the official website from MIUI: https://en.miui.com/download.html, locate our terminal, and once accessed we will have to download the “Download Full ROM” from section Developer ROM.
2. When we have downloaded the ROM Global Beta on our mobile device we will only have to go to the application Settings ⇒ over the phone ⇒ Upgrade system and we will press 10 times about the number “10” that is shown to us. In this way we will be able to access a menu where it will allow us to use the three-dot icon in the upper area. select the ROM downloaded in the previous step and thus install the MIUI GLOBAL Beta ROM.
3. If the installation was successful, You will already be enjoying all the improvements that Xiaomi publishes every week in its beta version of MIUI 10.
Install MIUI 10 GLOBAL Beta ROM if we currently come from MIUI 10 EEA
To carry out the installation of the MIUI 10 GLOBAL Beta ROM In our Xiaomi mobile terminal we will have to perform the following steps:
1. Download the latest version of the tool XiaoMiTool v2 from this link. Let us remember that currently this tool so only available for Windows operating system.
2. In the developer options of our Xiaomi mobile terminal we will activate the “USB debugging“. If you don’t have access to the developer options yet, simply access the application Settings ⇒ over the phone/my device and touch 7 times about the option “MIUI Version“. In this simple way we will have access to the various options that this mode integrates.
3. Next we will turn on our mobile terminal in FastBoot mode. To do this we will turn off the terminal and later we turn it on by pressing the volume down buttons (Vol -) and the power button at the same time. Once the mode starts FastBoot We will connect the terminal to the computer via USB.
4. Next we have to open XiaoMiTools v2 and if everything has gone well, the application will recognize our mobile device and we will only have to click on the option “Choose“, just below My device works normally i want to mod it, as shown in the image above. Next, in the window that appears, click on the button “Select“.
5. Next Xiaomi Recovery will start on our mobile. When it has started, as indicated by XiaomiMiTool v2 we will have to access the option “Connect with MIAssistant”. For this we will use the volume down button to scroll down the menu and we will access this option with the Power button of our Xiaomi.
6. Once we have accessed XiaoMiTool v2 will ask us which option we want to install. To continue we will have to select “Official Xiaomi rom” and then the option “Global stable” as shown in the image above. In this way, the tool XiaoMiTool v2 will start to download the selected ROM.
7. Once downloaded, XiaoMiTool v2 will start Xiaomi Recovery in our terminal and it will ask us access the “Connect with MIAssistant” option again. Thus our mobile device will start flashing the previously downloaded ROM by XiaoMiTool (We will see the installation percentage on the screen).
8. Once the installation process is finished, we will only have to go to: https://en.miui.com/download.html Y download the latest GLOBAL Beta version corresponding to our mobile terminal.
9. When we have downloaded the ROM Global Beta on our mobile device we will only have to go to the application Settings ⇒ over the phone ⇒ Upgrade system and we will press 10 times about the number “10” that is shown to us. In this way we can access a menu where it will allow us to use the three-dot icon in the upper area. select the ROM downloaded in the previous step and thus install the MIUI GLOBAL Beta ROM corresponding to your terminal.