If you like home automation, it is very likely that you have more than one Xiaomi smart bulb or lamp. This in turn causes we have to create more home automation routines in case we want to turn on all or several of them at the same time.
To do this, Xiaomi has integrated into Xiaomi Home or Mi Home a functionality called group of lights. This new option allows us to create a group of lights, whether they are smart lamps or bulbs, grouping them in order to be able to be controlled as one.
This comes in handy if we want turn on multiple lamps when it gets dark without having to go one by one, triggering its operation. Furthermore, this will allow us adjust at once the same brightness or hue on all bulbs or grouped lamps.
How to create a group of lights with your Xiaomi bulbs or lamps
To create a group of lights and control multiple Xiaomi smart lamps or bulbs As if it were only one, we only have to perform the following steps:
- Enter the Xiaomi Home application.
- Access one of the lamps or bulbs that will be part of the new group.
- Next, we will go to your options from the top three points.
- Once inside the options or settings, click on “Create light group“.
- From the new window that will open, we will select all the lamps or bulbs that we want to control as one.
In this simple way, Xiaomi Home allows us to control multiple smart lamps or bulbs as one. One more form of automation that expands the possibilities of the Xiaomi home platform.