Among the multitude of options that MIUI 12 offers us, we find the possibility of broadcast or share the screen of our Xiaomi on a television. A very interesting option that greatly facilitates all kinds of tasks.
Thanks to this functionality, we will be able to make presentations on televisions or even simply view the photos and videos from our gallery on a larger screen. Likewise we can play our favorite games from our Xiaomi on a TV.
In general, the “Broadcast” functionality allows us to share the screen of our Xiaomi on another smart TV whatyou are on the same WiFi network and that it also accepts this functionality. In a simple way, we can show the desktop of our Xiaomi on a larger screen.
How to broadcast or share the screen of your Xiaomi on a TV
Sharing the screen of our Xiaomi on a TV is extremely simple. To do this we just have to start the function “To emit” either through the Control Center or through the MIUI settings as follows:
- Go to Settings > Connection and sharing > Cast
- Once inside we activate the option “To emit“. After that, we will be shown all those compatible televisions that are within the same network.
Once our TV has appeared in the list of compatible broadcast function, we will only have to click on it and then accept access on the television itself. Then the screen of our Xiaomi will begin to be projected on it.
Notably the “Broadcast” function of MIUI 12 is the most complete. It no longer only allows us to replicate the screen of our Xiaomi, but also perform other functions such as the following:
- minimize window: Minimize the sale being issued in order to use other features on your phone.
- Broadcast with the screen off: You can continue broadcasting when the screen of your device is off and thus reduce power consumption.
- Hide private items: Prevent floating notifications, incoming calls, and other private items from being displayed on external screens.
Also, from Settings > Connection and sharing > Cast > Help you will find relevant information in case you can not broadcast or share the screen of your Xiaomi on a TV, monitor, or external display.