MIUI 12, a layer that could become the best on the market if it weren’t for its abandonment by Xiaomi.
With the arrival of MIUI 12 new options have reached our Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO devices, allowing us perform even more functions than the previous version already offered us from MIUI.
And it is that, beyond having improved the animation system or its control center, Xiaomi has integrated certain adjustments that allow us, for example, to choose, as an alternative to the classic App Vault, the most current news through Google Discover.
That is why we have compiled below Five interesting MIUI 12 tricks or tweaks, which are also included in certain mobiles that still have MIUI 11 and that allow us to squeeze even more our smartphone.
1. Activate Google Discover news on your Xiaomi
In the European version of MIUI 12, Xiaomi has largely replaced the classic App Vault in order to make way for Google Discover. Thanks to this we can keep up with all the latest news just by scrolling to the left of our main screen. For its activation we only have to:
- Go to Settings> Home screen
- Once inside, we just have to activate the “Google Discover” option.
2. Greater privacy in your photos and videos
Along with MIUI 12 the new privacy system developed by Xiaomi. This guarantees us greater control of our data, offering us greater security when sharing sensitive material.
In itself, if we access the Gallery of our Xiaomi and try to share a photo or video, the upper message will be shown “Privacy protection“. If we access this we can activate the removal of metadata that usually contain private information such as the time, location or even a thumbnail of the previous state of an image if we have retouched it after it was made.
3. Activate dark mode in applications that do not have this mode
Another option that is also related to one of the novelties of MIUI 12 is the possibility of apply MIUI 12’s own Dark Mode in third-party applications they don’t have their own dark mode. For this, we will only have to carry out the following steps:
- Go to Settings> Display> Dark Mode> Individual apps
- After accessing, we will activate all those third-party applications in which we want our Xiaomi to apply the new MIUI 12 Dark Mode.
4. Install the new Super Wallpapers on unsupported devices
Among the news of MIUI 12 we find the new Super Wallpapers, a new way to animate our wallpaper, which surprises with its high quality and the way we interact as we move through the system.
Even so, not all Xiaomi devices are compatible with Super Wallpapers. To activate them, regardless of whether your device is not compatible, you just have to follow this small guide where we explain each step to follow.
5. Double tap or lift to turn on
Another of the functions that MIUI allows us and that has also been improved in MIUI 12 is the possibility of turning on the screen of our smartphone just by pressing twice on the screen itself or when lifting it after having him supported, for example, on a table.
To activate this option that will facilitate the unlocking of our Xiaomi we will only have to do the following:
- Go to Settings> Lock screen
- Once inside we will only have to activate the option “Raise to activate” and/or “Press twice to activate or turn off the screen”.
With this we will get the screen of our Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO smartphone to be activated just by lifting it or after pressing twice on any area of the screen itself.